West Hills Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San Fernando Valley. The 225-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. Healthgrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that West Hills Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012. West Hills Hospital is also among the Top 100 Hospitals nationwide for Gastrointestinal and General Surgery. West Hills Hospital was the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Los Angeles County, and also recently received a Certificate of Distinction as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission.
Schedule: PRN (no guaranteed hours)
Prepares, cooks, seasons and serves hot food for hospital patients, employees, physicians and visitors according to procedures outlined in the nutrition care manual and standardized recipes, in a timely and sanitary manner. Accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience cooking in healthcare or school food service or restaurant, or departmental promotion. Ability to do math calculations necessary to adjust recipes to meet production needs.
Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
· Prepare entrees, soups, vegetables, and starches for patients, cafeteria, and doctors’ dining room.
· Follows standardized recipes, adjusting amounts to meet projected census.
· Sets up and garnishes food for an attractive presentation.
· Serves hot food as member of team assembling patient trays.
· Follows all food safety and sanitation guidelines.
· Maintains own work area throughout shift in an organized and sanitary manner.
· Completes pre-preparation for following day’s menu.
· Labels, dates and stores all food items per department standard.
· Prepares special menus for catered functions as assigned.
· Must abide by the HCA code of conduct and the West Hills Hospital and Medical Center Standards of behavior.Apply Now