SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates the plan of care.
POPULATION SERVED: All employees, staff of LPMC in both clinical and non-clinical departments, including patient/families, physicians, volunteers, agency, contract, students and community served.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation and professional development.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
REQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- Texas RN license or Compact State Nursing License
- BLS Certification
- ACLS-within 6 months of hire for GN/Non-experienced Maternal Nurses
- NRP-within 6 months of hire for GN/ Non-experienced Maternal Nurses
- STABLE-within 6 months of hire for GN/ Non-experienced Maternal Nurses
- Basic Fetal Monitoring completed within 30 days from start of floor orientation.
- Intermediate Fetal Monitoring through AWHONN within 12 months from finish of floor orientation.
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring through HCA, with in 2 years of Intermediated Fetal Monitoring.
Preferred healthcare experience related to the maternal child areas
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate in charting and order entry.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to lead a team and function as a team member.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Breastfeeding and lactation education