SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare and the Texas Board of Nursing. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Acute medical/surgical care of diseases and conditions including but not limited to: cardiovascular, pulmonary, neuro, GI, GU, GYN, skeletal/muscular, renal, including but not limited to: AMI, CAD, PVD, CVA/TIA, COPD, CHF, shock, renal failure, metabolic disorders, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Assesses and monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation, professional development.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
- RN licensed in state of Texas or Compact State
- ACLS (6 months from hire for GN's only)
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Preferred experience as RN in Critical Care.
- Preferred experience a RN 1-2 years in Med-Surg or Telemetry.
- TNCC and CCRN
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to move an excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff