SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As the only full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
The purpose of the Charge Nurse position is to assist the Nurse Director in providing nursing leadership to the nursing unit. Provides feedback to the Nurse Director regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
- Clinical Role Model - Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
- Leadership - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
- Administrative - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
- Customer Service - Demonstrates awareness of his/her unique position and method of dealing with customers. Continuously strives to exceed customer's needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
- BCLS certification.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Acute care experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders.
- Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.