SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse – Telemetry Unit
Full-time – FT Days 7A – 7P
Medical City Dallas is a full-service, 790+ bed tertiary care center offering nearly 100 specialties. Located in the heart of North Dallas, it was the first hospital in North Texas to earn Magnet recognition in 2003 and again in 2008. In addition to nursing excellence, the facility is consistently recognized for its state-of-the-art technology and for pioneering new medical procedures.
The Telemetry Registered Nurse (Telemetry RN) performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act with emphasis on the cardiovascular service line.
• Determine the predictable or unpredictable health status and health needs of patients (individual and family) through interpretation of health data and preventive practice in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary health care team members.
• Formulate a nursing care plan based on determination of nursing diagnoses and identified problems.
• Implement and direct nursing care within the RN’s scope of practice, including compliance with other laws that apply to the practice setting.
• Develop and provide teaching plans for patients concerning promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
• Participate in cardiovascular department specific initiatives and process improvements.
• ADN required; BSN preferred and will be required within 24 months of hire;
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Current Texas State RN license; Compact license is accepted but Texas State RN license required within 30 days of hire;
• Current American Heart Association BLS provider required;
• Current American Heart Association ACLS provider required;
• Recent acute care experience required; experience with cardiovascular / telemetry patients preferred;
• Demonstrated competence in cardiac rhythm interpretation, assessment, and treatment;