SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
St. Petersburg General Hospital (SPGH) seeks an experienced Operating Room RN to join our OR team!
Our focus is not only patient satisfaction but STAFF satisfaction. The hospital ranked top work place four years in a row and is Chest Pain and Stroke accredited. We are located in the heart of Pinellas County and five minutes from the pristine Gulf of Mexico. The hospital is licensed for 215 beds and has served the community for over four decades. St. Petersburg is a growing city with exciting nightlife and plenty of outdoor activities to keep the whole family busy. SPGH strives to find the perfect life/work balance! We invite you to join our superior team and continue the very highest standard of care.
- Number of Staff: 60
- 7 Main Operating Rooms plus one cystoscopy room
- 3 Endoscopy Rooms (10-15 cases per day; Olympus Equipment-180 series scopes)
- Type of Cases: Robotic GYN, Robotic Urology, Robotic General Surgery, Total Joints, Orthopedics, Spine, General, GU, GYN, ENT, Thoracic, Vascular, Plastics, and Laparoscopic Lap Banding
- Approximate Number of Cases Performed: Varies…15-25 per day, 4000 annually
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurses and Surgical Technologists (Certified and Non-certified), Physician Assistant
- Major Equipment Used: Steris OR tables, sterilizers, Valley Lab cautery units, headlights, Dyonics and Olympus video systems, Stryker and Anspauch powered- instrumentation, Zeiss microscopes, specialized tables (cysto, Andrews), Olympus endoscopes, Harmonic Scalpel, Gyrus Generator, and Ligasure units, etc.
- Da Vinci® SI Surgical System: SPGH's surgical team was the first in Central Florida to perform robot-assisted minimally-invasive general surgery using this system. In addition, gynecology and urology procedures are currently being performed with the DaVinci Robot at St. Pete General. SPGH is one of 25 Robotic Epicenters in the US and only one of 2 Epicenters in the state of Florida. In April, 2012 SPGH was the first hospital in Pinellas County, Florida to perform single site Robotic Cholecystectomy.
- Schedules: 8-hour shifts, Monday-Friday, with on-call requirements
- Dress code: Scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for patient assessment and care documentation
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) is used for the delivery of all medications provided to patients and has significantly reduced errors associated with the administration of medication hospital-wide
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred
- Must live within 30 minutes of hospital for on-call requirements
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse License
- BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Hearth Association required; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) preferred