This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
The Critical Care Coordinator facilitates clinical management and continuity of care for patients of the ICUs by planning, organizing, and coordinating services for Critical Care patients in collaboration with Nursing and all other members of the healthcare team as needed including education, mentoring and serving as resource to nurses in the ICU.
This position involves the following:
• Ensures data is collected, reviewed, and analyzed according to Patient Care Guidelines and Core Measures as applicable. Develops and implements action plans accordingly based on outcomes data.
• Collaborates across the organization with appropriate leaders to develop Continuity of Care for the Critical Care patients
• Works with nursing staff to develop and maintain levels of competency appropriate for the ICU to include being a resource for nurses with less than 2 year of experience or as needed.
• Provides analysis to achieve departmental and organizational performance improvement goals
• Functions as a liaison between the provider, community, and patients with diseases that are treated in the ICUs.
• Serves as a clinical expert on all aspects of Critical Care to health care professionals, hospital personnel, patients, families, and the community.
• Provides leadership in development, maintenance, implementation, and evaluation of written care protocols based upon guidelines according to the American Association of Critical Care Nursing (AACN), including physician orders, clinical pathways for expected length of stay, and clinical practice guidelines.
• Develops, coordinates, and participates in community awareness programs related to disease management and prevention.
• Responsible for measuring and maintaining performance improvement and quality outcomes/data specific to the critical care areas.
• Maintains level of competency to provide direct nursing care to patients in the ICU as needed.
About Medical City Hospital Dallas
Medical City Hospital Dallas is a very “special” medical center located in far North Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. In fact, patients travel to Medical City from over 75 countries and from all over the United States for the sophisticated treatment offered by some of its 400+ in-house physician specialists….where they have access to the latest and most sophisticated technology. Over 95 different medical and surgical sub-specialists are housed within the “City”. Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commission’s highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States.
Why work for HCA:
For additional information contact Carrie Straszheim @ 480.543.7313.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Master’s preferred
• A minimum of 3 years clinical experience with ICU level patients
• Experience in the critical care setting
• A current licensure as an RN State of Texas or compact license
• Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
• Current American Heart Association ACLS provider.
• Certification CCRN preferred