SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
PRODUCTION TEAM LEAD- FOOD and NUTRITION SERVICES
(Work Schedule: Full Time, Evenings with rotating weekends)
To ensure timely and efficient meal service to all Cafeteria and Doctors’ Dining service areas.
- To respond to customer & guest concerns in person at the time of the complaint and via e-mail for electronically received complaints.
- To utilize computer (Meditech, Computrition, Outlook, and Microsoft office software) and manual systems for completion of required daily/weekly/monthly reports, such as shift reports, inventory logs, attendance logs, etc.
- Ability to process transactions on POS system.
To direct, monitor, and participate in the overall sanitation and safety of the department and employees in accordance with both company standards and regulatory agencies.
- To assist in preparation of work schedules and assist in performance evaluations and competencies of all employees.
- To train new employees and ensure consistent training of current staff on policies, procedures, and equipment.
To notify management of any food shortages and equipment breakdowns; takes appropriate corrective action as needed to address equipment repairs and adjust procedures as indicated.
Ability to work at/rotate through all stations in the Cafeteria and kitchen.
Assist in monthly inventory process.
Assist in daily ordering of supplies, food, etc.
Hands on position that requires working in a fast paced environment.
ABOUT MEDICAL CITY DALLAS
Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree (preferably in Nutrition, Hotel/Restaurant/Hospitality, or Culinary preferred
- Requires at least 3 years of food service management experience, preferably in a high volume restaurant, hospital, hotel or country club environment
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Food Service Manager's certification required within the 1st year of employment
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Math, reasoning and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Intermediate computer skills, knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word and POS system
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with excellent attention to details
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, equipment operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with a culturally diverse workforce
- Critical thinking skills