Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 257-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Express ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are the parent company of the Destin Emergency Care Center (DECC) and the Rehabilitation Institute, both located on Airport Road in Destin.
Nurse Manager of Critical Care
To administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Department. To advise the Department Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care. Collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff of the Department to accomplish the mission of FWBMC.
- Develops and administers unit specific services as necessary.
- Promotes a multidisciplinary coordination of services, such as, nursing medical, respiratory care, laboratory, pharmaceutical and public relations.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing, and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operation are of the nursing unit.
- Administers and appraises Quality Improvement within the services provided.
- Works with director on the hiring, evaluating, terminating, counseling, coaching and development of staff.
- Manages the practice of professional nursing and support positions within the unit to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
- Works with director to develop, interpret, inspect and review policies and procedures within the services provided.
- Gives input to Director on Disaster Preparedness policies and procedures for the organization.
- Responsible for twenty four-hour coverage and problem resolution to the services provided.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- State of Florida RN License required
- BCLS-AHA Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire
- ACLS required within 90 days of hire
- PALS required within 90 days of hire
- CPI required within 90 days of hire
- TNCC required within six (6) months of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 3 years licensed RN required
- 3 years direct patient care experience in inpatient acute, med/surg, emergent or primary care setting (other experience and roles considered on a case by case basis) required
- Minimum of 1 year experience functioning as RN in the ED preferred
- 3 years of experience in emergent/critical care setting with proven clinical and leadership abilities preferred
- Management experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.