SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, is looking for an Scrub Technician to add to its Surgical Services Team!
The Emerald Coast features world famous vacation destinations of Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Okaloosa Island and is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is one of the nation's top performers on quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. The hospital has the tri-county's only comprehensive cardiovascular program. It is also the only acute care hospital in the area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, a Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer.
Provide care to patients under the direction of the RN,
utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and
objectives of FWBMC.
- Demonstrates knowledge and
application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for
- Communicates, interacts and
participates in teamwork on the unit.
- Communicates and participates in
patient care activities in direct conjunction with the RN.
- Demonstrates knowledge and
application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the
unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Maintains and practices quality
patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses
customer service skills in relationships with internal and external
- Serves as the patient and family
advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting
seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify
of care or the services delivered.
knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient
established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or
unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
Punctual and dependable attendance.
- May have access to the POS room or
designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non
scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids,
sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
duties as assigned.
REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduated from LPN training program preferred or
- Graduated from ST training program preferred
- BCLS-AHA Healthcare Provider
certification required at time of hire
- Surgical Technologist Certification
(Certified Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor) preferred
REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Previous scrubbing experience preferred
- Acute care experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills
necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient,
family, internal and external partners needs
- Knowledge of basic anesthesia principles
- Video equipment set up/troubleshooting skills
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.