SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
NOTE: This is a PRN position. This position is approximately 20-30 hours per week. Further details will be discussed at interview.
Interested in pursuing a career with HCA? Take a look at all the benefits we have to offer! Benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rates.
- Employee benefits include retirement package, health, dental, life, and vision insurance. *
- Continuing education reimbursement. Grow both inside and outside of the hospital!
- Opportunities to grow within HCA! Whether that be with the same department, same hospital, same division, or even out of state! Interested to see where you can go within HCA? See our locations: CLICK HERE
- Want to stay within the culinary arts? No problem! HCA provides career ladders for you to grow! Positions include Sous Chef, Executive Chef, Food and Nutrition Services Supervisor, Food and Nutrition Services Manager, and many more!
Don't take my word for it, here is one of our Food and Nutrition Managers within the West Florida division! Growing within HCA
The Food and Nutrition Services Assistant performs a variety of tasks that facilitate the provision of food services and nutrition support to patients, employees and visitors. These duties include:
- Performs routine duties related to preparation and serving of food.
- Prepares food for cooking by washing, peeling, shredding, slicing, and mixing various food items.
- Operates dishwasher or assists with washing/sterilizing dishes, glassware, silverware, utensils, pots, pans, etc.
- Cleans kitchen work areas, collects and disposes of garbage.
- May assist with food stocking.
- Serves food in cafeteria for visitors and staff and in patients room following dietary, sanitary and safety guidelines.
- Clears patients' dirty trays and works in dish room when needed.
- Works on patient tray assembly line following menu directives for determining food items for each tray.
- Delivers food trays to patient areas.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 6 months food service experience preferred, previous experience in hospital food services preferred.