SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Neonatal Registered Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapy Department
Full Time, 7 pm - 7 am, 0.9 FTE
Northwest Medical Center
UP TO $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE - APPLY TODAY!
Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We are dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we are looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 228-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
Our facility features a state of the art Cardiovascular Tower, an expanded Emergency Room and newly added Level III NICU to provide comprehensive services to the community we serve and increased professional growth opportunity for our employees.
Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We are excited to be currently undergoing expansion to increase number of beds in Level 3 NICU! Come and be part of our continued advancement and growth.
We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Match
- Medical Plan Options, Dental &
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Reimbursement & Flexible
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Clinical Certification Support
- Paid Community Service Days
- And more!
Being a part of HCA Healthcare, we provide
unprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within more than
250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 21 states and the
The Respiratory Therapist provides treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Delivers and assesses responses to ordered therapy per plan of care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures.
- Utilizes various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas equipment such as masks, tents and incubators.
- Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs.
- Measures ventilator volumes, pressures and blood gas analysis.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition and general acceptance of treatment.
- Performs a variety of duties related to setting up, operating, cleaning, sterilizing, and storing respiratory therapy equipment.
- Responds to emergency team calls.
- Educates patients and family members and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Must be Licensed RRT.
- Must have Current NICU Experience
- 3 Years of Respiratory Therapy Experience Required.
- BLS, ACLS, NRP and PALS Certifcations Required.
- Frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling and moving equipment.
- Must be able to treat adults, pediatricis, and newborns.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.