SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical City Lewisville
PRN (As Needed)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
6:30 am - 5:00 pm
Call Every Other Weekend
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse and/or the direct supervision of the Physician, the Endoscopy Technician assists in delivering direct and indirect care to the patient having an Endoscopy procedure. Provides quality health care through the development of an organizational climate that is professional, compassionate and responsive to the patient, physician and ASSOCIATES.
The Endoscopy Technician must possess knowledge, judgement and skills based on the principles of biological, physiological, behavioral and social sciences within the scope of an Endoscopy Technician as learned under the tutelage of the Registered Nurse.
The Endoscopy Technician is responsible for handling and use of specialty equipment and supplies as well as transport, preparation and caring for the patient undergoing Endoscopy procedures.
The Endoscopy Technician demonstrates an awareness of patient’s rights and works to ensure patient privacy, safety and comfort.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
• Assures patient’s needs, rights, and privacy is respected.
• Provides for activities of daily living for patients.
• Transport patients.
• Attend staff meetings and inservices.
• Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
• Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care
• Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
• Responsible for a clean and tidy work environment.
• Assists in checking supplies, instruments and equipment against preference card and/or obtaining any missing items.
• Responsible for assisting on assigned procedures.
• Anticipates the physician’s needs in performing the procedure.
• Provides for a safe and sterile, as applicable, environment.
• Uses supplies judiciously.
• Accurately handles all specimens.
• Assists in the care and maintenance of endoscopes, equipment and supplies.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the location, care and operation of endoscopes, equipment and supplies.
• Assists in cleaning and restocking Endoscopy Suite.
• Adheres to Universal Precautions.
• Attends staff meetings.
• Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care or service of department.
• Takes appropriate measures contributing to safety within the facility.
• Seeks opportunities to improve department or interdepartmental processes.
• This position may be involved in the responsibility for performing high-level disinfection and/or sterilization. They will be required to meet initial and annual competencies to ensure the process is performed accurately.
-American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
-Documented clinical knowledge and skills related to the medical field.
-Previous Endoscopy experience preferred.
-Must be able to respond to call within 30 minutes.
About Medical City Lewisville:
Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville
is a state-of-the-art full-service medical and surgical facility offering 186 beds with 24-hour emergency services. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. Medical City Lewisville has been identified as a High Performer for treatment of congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by U.S. News and World Report in their 2017-18 Best Hospital rankings. In the fall of 2017, we also received the prestigious “A” rating from The Leapfrog Group, a national nonprofit health care ratings organization for Hospital/Patient Safety. Medical City Lewisville is a great place to work — and the best possible place to receive care.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.