DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
$7,500 Sign-on Bonus Offered to Qualified Nurses!
Unit Description: This is a 39 bed surgical inpatient and 18 bed ortho/neuro inpatient unit specializing in the delivery of acute surgical care of the adult patient. Both units are located on the fifth floor. The patient population includes adults undergoing general, gynecological, abdominal, orthopedic, urology, and neurosurgical procedures. Infrequently, the units care for non-cardiovascular medical patients requiring nursing observation and monitoring. Remote telemetry is provided as ordered.
Position Summary: The Department Charge Nurse is a Registered Nurse who is accountable to the Nursing Director for clinical and operations functions of an assigned unit. The Charge Nurse assumes the responsibility of managing the unit’s clinical and operations activities in the absence of the Director.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
· Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· One (1) year of care experience required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of universal precautions
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skills
· RN-Basic arrhythmia test recognition – have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing scoreApply Now