SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-timeWe Want You!
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, is one of Healthgrades Top 50 Hospitals in the nation. Retreat is a 226-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs, 24-hour adult and pediatric emergency care and outpatient services. The Retreat Doctors’ Hospital campus is also home to the Institute of Urological Health, offering the latest innovations in urological care and surgery. Located in the historic Fan District, we are proud to bring state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care to our neighbors and the surrounding community
The 3 East Medical Surgical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
• Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
• Carries out physician orders.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Additional Unit Information:
• 18 Bed Unit
• Fast pace unit with patients ranging in urology surgeries.
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Current licensure as a RN
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment greater than 50 pounds.
Traits of a successful nurse at HCA:
• Great Teammate
• Sense of Humor
• Positive Attitude
• Critical Thinker
• Patient Advocate
We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition
Reimbursement), Employee Stock Purchase
Dental, vision, life and
disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along
with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
We are an equal
opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.