Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Unit Description: Surgical Services provides preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care for adult and pediatric patients, (no less than 3 months or 10 lbs). The operating suite consists of nine suites. The operating suite is open from 6:00am to 11:00pm Monday through Friday, and on call all other hours. Procedures performed in the Operating Room include general, ENT, oral, thoracic, vascular, urological, orthopedic, gynecological, cardiovascular and neurosurgical. Cases are pre-scheduled elective, urgent, and emergent. General, regional, moderate and local anesthesia is available. Patient care is provided under the direction of a nursing director, with responsibility and authority to carry out all established policies, and for providing overall direction in the quality, safety, and appropriateness of patient care provided.
Position Summary: Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
· Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
· BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required
· CNOR preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· Minimum 1 year previous perioperative experience or completion of Perioperative Nursing course preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of body substance isolation
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skills