DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus Available to qualified Nurses!!
Join an Award Winning Team in Medical Oncology!
Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Unit Description: The Medical/Oncology Unit is a 33 bed unit of Capital Regional Medical Center. Staff provide excellent patient care of the adult/geriatric patient with a variety of oncologic, medical and surgical diagnoses. Remote telemetry is provided as ordered in addition to the care of patients undergoing chemotherapy and or radiation. Many staff members are enrolled in educational programs, strengthening the commitment to evidence based nursing care. A supportive, engaged team of dedicated staff make Medical Oncology a great place to work.
Position Summary: Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
· Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
· Oncology, Chemotherapy Experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of universal precautions
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skills
· Basic arrhythmia test recognition – have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing scoreApply Now