Housekeeper - Environmental Services - PRN (Varied Hours as Needed)
Portsmouth, NH, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Portsmouth Regional is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region’s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area’s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
Under direct supervision, the Housekeeper performs daily cleaning tasks for patient rooms, nursing stations, lounges, offices, clinic areas and any other areas assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Housekeeping Department and in accordance with facility standards and objectives.
- Perform all housekeeping related tasks demonstrating service orientation to patients, visitors, fellow employees, doctors , nurses and other hospital staff.
- Perform basic cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Dusts horizontal surfaces.
- Empties, wipes and relines wastebaskets.
- Damp, wipe, and disinfects all furniture
- Cleans and polishes metal and porcelain fixtures in bathrooms.
- Dust and damp mops floors.
- Spot clean walls and windows.
- Polishes metal surfaces.
- Replenishes paper and soap supplies.
- Strips bed linens to perform discharge cleaning.
- Performs discharge cleaning as needed.
- Uses a safety ladder to remove and replace cubicle curtains. Performs precaution room cleaning as needed.
- Vacuums carpets, spot cleans as needed.
- Transports soiled linen to collection point.
- Measure and mix bleach and other cleaning solutions.
- Assist in cleaning up of spills as needed.
- Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and recommend repairs as needed.
- Observe and report the need for repairs to furniture, building and fixtures.
- In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating patients.
- In case of a community disaster, assists nursing as needed.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
Less than 1 year of experience required.
High school diploma, GED or technical/vocational required.