SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
DOVER FREE STANDING EMERGENCY ROOM - Coming Soon!
We are growing our team now! Apply today!
Dover Free Standing Emergency Room will provide fast, convenient care to people in the Dover, NH community. Portsmouth Regional Hospital Dover Emergency Room, opening Spring of 2019, will be staffed with board-certified emergency room physicians and nurses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Conveniently located at 10 Central Avenue in Dover, NH and directly off Exit 7 of the Spaulding Turnpike, this 10,000 square-foot facility is constructed with the surrounding population’s needs in mind.
Dover Free Standing Emergency Room will feature:
• 11 Private emergency exam rooms, including a fully equipped Trauma Room
• Access to the state’s only ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center
• Fully integrated EMS communications system to support short patient wait times
• Available on-site Imaging (CT Scan, X-ray and Ultrasound Imaging) and state-of-the-art instrumentation for full diagnostic laboratory testing
• Telemedicine capabilities with specific focus on stroke and behavioral health
• Separate pediatric waiting area and dedicated pediatric treatment rooms
• A supportive culture motivated on fostering teamwork and educational opportunities
• Be a part of Portsmouth Regional Hospital! Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
• Be a part of HCA (Hospital Corporation of America)! HCA, is the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services.
Serves as a working Lead Housekeeper. Under minimal supervision maintains premises in a clean and orderly manner. Applies skills appropriate for the position with the ability to effectively communicate policies, and/or procedures in a manner easily understood by fellow employees.
- In absence of supervisor fills out injury occurrence reports, works with employees when staffing requires so, conducts in-service training and staff huddle.
- Hands out assignments, monitors and is responsible for all work assigned to staff for a particular shift.
- Completes inspections of assigned areas and Black Light inspections as directed by Supervisor.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all the employees.
- Assists in monitoring and providing suggestions for increased service or productivity based on daily census.
- Assists with monitoring classroom set ups, supply usage and restocking of supply deliveries.
- Performs laundry services for curtains, mops, rags and proper sanitization of washer.
- Assists in orienting, training and coaching of staff. Assists with increasing patient satisfaction scores.
- Ability to interact with other hospital staff members, visitors, and patients in a friendly, cooperative manner.
- Actively participates in Departmental Safety Committee and Employee Engagement Committee.
- Responsible for the removal of Hazardous Waste from Satellite Storage areas.
- Familiarity with operation of heavy duty/electrical cleaning equipment.
- Monitors and dispatches requests for STAT discharge room cleaning.
- Performs day to day housekeeping assignments in addition to lead duties.
- Perform basic cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Dusts horizontal surfaces, empties, wipes and relines wastebaskets. Damp wipe disinfects all furniture, cleans and polishes metal and porcelain fixtures in bathrooms.
- Dust mops and damp mops floors, spot clean walls and windows. Polishes metal surfaces, replenishes paper and soap supplies.
- Strips bed linens to perform discharge cleaning. Performs discharge cleaning as needed.
- Uses a safety ladder to remove and replace cubicle curtains.
- Performs precaution room cleaning as needed. Vacuums carpets, spot cleans as needed, transports soiled linen to collection point. Measure and mix bleach and other cleaning solutions.
- Assist in cleaning up of spills as needed
- Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and recommend repairs as needed. Observe and report the need for repairs to furniture, building and fixtures.
- In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating patients
- In case of a community disaster, assists nursing as needed
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
1 to 3 years of experience required.
Requires ability to read, write and understand procedures and directions in English
Hazardous Waste Coordinator Certificate (Within 3 months of assigned position)