DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus Offered to Qualified Nurses!
Unit Description: Medical Telemetry is a 44 bed cardiac unit that houses the typical cardiac disease process: CP, CHF, COPD Cath procedures and pacemaker insertion and removal. We also will have medical patients as well dehydration, abdominal pain etc. Typically, the ratio is 1:6.
Position Summary: The Medical Telemetry Charge Nurse is a Registered Nurse who is accountable to the Nursing Director for clinical and operations functions of an assigned unit. The Charge Nurse assumes the responsibility of managing the unit’s clinical and operations activities in the absence of the Director.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
· Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider
· ACLS required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· 1 year of acute care experience is required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of universal precautions
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skills
· Basic arrhythmia test recognition – have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing scoreApply Now