Housekeeper Lead - EVS - Full-Time, Evenings
Portsmouth, NH, United States
SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Serves as a working Lead Housekeeper. Under minimal supervision maintains premises in a clean and orderly manner. Applies skills appropriate for the position with the ability to effectively communicate policies, and/or procedures in a manner easily understood by fellow employees.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- In absence of supervisor fills out injury occurrence reports, works with employees when staffing requires so, conducts in-service training and staff huddle.
- Hands out assignments, monitors and is responsible for all work assigned to staff for a particular shift.
- Completes inspections of assigned areas and Black Light inspections as directed by Supervisor.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all the employees.
- Assists in monitoring and providing suggestions for increased service or productivity based on daily census.
- Assists with monitoring classroom set ups, supply usage and restocking of supply deliveries.
- Performs laundry services for curtains, mops, rags and proper sanitization of washer.
- Assists in orienting, training and coaching of staff. Assists with increasing patient satisfaction scores.
- Ability to interact with other hospital staff members, visitors, and patients in a friendly, cooperative manner.
- Actively participates in Departmental Safety Committee and Employee Engagement Committee.
- Responsible for the removal of Hazardous Waste from Satellite Storage areas.
- Familiarity with operation of heavy duty/electrical cleaning equipment.
- Monitors and dispatches requests for STAT discharge room cleaning.
- Performs day to day housekeeping assignments in addition to lead duties.
- Perform basic cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Dusts horizontal surfaces, empties, wipes and relines wastebaskets. Damp wipe disinfects all furniture, cleans and polishes metal and porcelain fixtures in bathrooms.
- Dust mops and damp mops floors, spot clean walls and windows. Polishes metal surfaces, replenishes paper and soap supplies.
- Strips bed linens to perform discharge cleaning. Performs discharge cleaning as needed.
- Uses a safety ladder to remove and replace cubicle curtains.
- Performs precaution room cleaning as needed. Vacuums carpets, spot cleans as needed, transports soiled linen to collection point. Measure and mix bleach and other cleaning solutions.
- Assist in cleaning up of spills as needed
- Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and recommend repairs as needed. Observe and report the need for repairs to furniture, building and fixtures.
- In case of fire or other internal disaster, assists in evacuating patients
- In case of a community disaster, assists nursing as needed
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
1 to 3 years of experience required.
Requires ability to read, write and understand procedures and directions in English
Hazardous Waste Coordinator Certificate (Within 3 months of assigned position)