DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Charge Nurse (RN) – Medical Telemetry/Stroke Unit (Med-Tele)
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
Valley Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) – Medical Telemetry/Stroke Unit (Med-Tele)
· The Charge Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
· Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice.
· Maintains a safe a therapeutic environment.
· Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient.
· Plans individualized patient care utilizing an interdisciplinary approach.
· Participates in performance improvement activities.
· Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital’s mission and vision statement.
· Charge Nurses are responsible for day-to-day activities to ensure the delivery of quality patient care in a therapeutic environment.
· Make staff assignments based on patient need and the skill of the staff.
· Serve as role models and clinical resource for the staff.
· Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with physician, staff or patient issues.
· Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
· BSN Recommended
· Current TX RN licensure
· BCLS required
We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts,
along with other voluntary benefit options and programs
Come make a difference - Apply Online Now!