DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region’s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is also one of the area’s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate staff who strive to make a positive impact on the health of their community to join the Portsmouth Regional Family.
Position Title: Nurse Manager (RN)
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Intensive Care Department Director, the Intensive Care Nurse Manager oversees the resource nurses and ICU staff and works collaboratively with the department director, clinical educator, resource nurses, and staff in guiding the department’s growth, patient satisfaction, physician’s relations, and fiscal responsibility. The manager supervises and directs the delivery of patient care and care related services for the Intensive Care Unit in accordance to administrative policies, as well as hospital vision, mission and strategies. The manager works collaboratively with Director, staff, physicians, and other disciplines within the hospital to create a system of safe, quality health care.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains Clinical knowledge of areas within the department.
2. Manages day to day operations involving scheduling, patient-team rounding, and in ensuring patient and family satisfaction
3. Assists unit educator with competency development and execution
4. Assists resource nurse with admission, transfer, or discharge Coordination
5. Assist department director in interviewing and hiring personnel
6. Assist the unit director with the monitoring and evaluation of employee performance, implementation of learning plans, and the completion of staff yearly evaluations.
7. Assists in counseling staff and in implementing disciplinary process when indicated, including termination.
8. Provides leadership in compliance with regulatory agency standards, national nursing standards and specialty nursing standards
9. Assists in monitoring the delivery of high quality patient care and in evaluating patient optimal outcomes
10. Assists unit director with budget formulation and execution
11. Maintains quality audits and monitor daily core measures
12. Assist with the monitoring, management, and ordering of supplies.
13. Assists in the procurement, monitoring, maintenance, and purchasing of capital and non-capital equipment.
14. The nurse manager will continue to oversee departmental operations in the absence of the unit director, and will manage up issues outside of his/her job description scope to Senior Leadership as needed.
15. Will assist staff in the direct delivery of patient care during extreme volume surges and when if internal or external crisis, which may affect patient care arise.
16. Will occasionally assist with patient transportation to procedures when unit clerk or other staff members are unavailable for assistance.
17. Will participate in staff rounding, staff meetings, ICU and related committee meetings.
EXPERIENCE: (Minimum relevant work experience for successful job performance)
4 year/Bachelor’s Degree
NH RN License or valid compact state RN license.