SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another
employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion
thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a
part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition
programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Certified Surgical Technician to join our
family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an
excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your
ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee
discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Valley Regional Medical Center – Brownsville, TX
Certified Surgical Technician - Labor & Delivery (Part Time) Nights
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
Valley Regional Medical Center is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
- 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
- Open Heart Surgery
- Women’s Services
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Wound Care Center
Valley Regional is currently looking for a Certified Surgical Tech.
What you will do in this role:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
What you will need for this role:
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.