DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Twin Cities Hospital located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a Patient Care Tech (or Certified Nursing Assistant) to join our Team in Med/Surg Telemetry!
Twin Cities Hospital is a 65 bed general acute care facility that provides exceptional quality healthcare in a warm and inviting environment. Our facility has earned “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures” from the Joint Commission for the 5th consecutive year and we are pleased to provide our community outstanding services with our Joint Commission Certified Orthopedic Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery programs. Our employees are proud to work at our facility and to be part of an organization that places such importance on quality care. In addition, our healthy work environment fosters a culture of warmth and teamwork where everyone works together to achieve our mission and goals. Our employee engagement scores are consistently high and reflect our leader’s commitment to providing a healthy and engaging work environment.
Twin Cities Hospital is located in Niceville, Florida on the gorgeous Emerald Coast. The Emerald Coast is known world-wide for our sugar white sand beaches and emerald green water. Our community is a strong supporter of our local military with both Eglin Air Force Base and Hurlburt Air Force Base located here in Okaloosa County. Our schools are consistently rated the best in the state with a strong emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Medicine. Our local state and community colleges offer educational programs specifically designed to foster career growth or start and create new careers. And yes, Niceville really is a nice place to live and work!
Instead of just vacationing on some of the best beaches in the world, why not consider living on them? Come join us at Twin Cities Hospital and have the best of all worlds – a great place to work with a group of individuals who genuinely care about every patient that walks through our doors and the best community to live, work and play in!
Visit us online at tchospital.com at our Career Center and learn more about the great benefit plans offered by HCA and Twin Cities Hospital and if you’d like more information about our beautiful community check out #emeraldcoasting on Instagram or Florida’s Emerald Coast on Facebook.
Twin Cities Hospital is a 65 bed general acute care facility and proud to offer 100% private rooms. In addition, Twin Cities Hospital is located in beautiful Niceville, FL within 15 miles of the Emerald Coast beaches. TCH is located in Okaloosa County and is one of the premier locations in the state for living, working and vacationing.
Under the direction of a registered nurse, the Patient Care Tech provides patient care and clerical/receptionist duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Twin Cities Hospital.
1. Assists with patient care, to include activities of daily living, vital signs, monitoring of intake and output and patient transport. Assists with ADLs based in the patient condition, including mobility, patient transfer, bathing, toileting, feeding, skin care, oral care, etc.
2. Organizes, monitors and documents patient care activities then communicates activities with the nurse.
3. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
4. Demonstrates an understanding of patient charts, physician orders and nursing orders. Is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment. Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Military Medic/Corpsman training or EMT training or Completion of a Nursing Assistant Course or successfully completed fundamentals of RN or LPN nursing course required
· If based in Telemetry or Emergency Department, Completion of the Basic Arrhythmia class or pass the Basic Arrhythmia Challenge test within 90 days of hire required.
· FL CNA license preferred
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· Unit secretary skills preferred
· Arrhythmia recognition skills preferred for positions in Telemetry or Emergency Department
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Read and writes Basic English
· Knowledge of body substance isolation
· Ability to use a computer, typewriter and calculator
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs