SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Equipped with the best healing
practices, brightest medical teams and the most advanced medical technologies,
Medical Center of Trinity, a new 290 bed, state-of-the-art, all private room
hospital located on a 50-acre campus, serves the fast growing communities of
Pasco, Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties. With a healthcare team that brings
over 40 years in a clinical setting and a strong dedication to patient-centered
care, our medical professionals are always encouraged to learn, grow and thrive
in a supportive atmosphere that celebrates the commitment of our
The new tech-savvy hospital offers a
variety of programs and services including Emergency Care, Heart & Vascular,
Spine & Orthopedics, Cancer Care, and Women's Health & Obstetrics. The
hospital is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center, has a Community Comprehensive
Cancer Program and features a Blue Distinction Center for hip and knee
replacement, as well as spine surgery.
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
- Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds