SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center is a licensed 404 bed acute care facility. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Los Robles Hospital has the only Level II Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency Room in both Los Angeles and Ventura counties coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating.
In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both counties as a STEMI designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Primary Stroke Center. With over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical specialties, Los Robles is proud to be the community’s most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve.
Vision: We are committed to being the community's most trusted resource for health, and a regional destination for care.
The Bed Management Coordinator (BMC) coordinates the assignment of patient care beds within the hospital. The BMC performs initial admission screens using approved clinical criteria to assure patient admissions and bed assignments are consistent with current policy and procedure. The BMC works in collaboration with multiple departments within the hospital and facilitates regularly scheduled bed management meetings with hospital staff to identify and communicate bed utilization issues. The BMC will identify, trend, and report barriers to patient throughput.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred
- Current California Registered Nurse License
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
- 3 years nursing experience in acute care setting
- Previous experience in bed management preferred
- Previous computer experience required
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision making and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written, and electronic formats
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Competent in the application of medical necessity criteria (i.e. Interqual)
- Demonstrates good organizational skills
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers