Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Registered Nurse Coordinator of Bariatrics? At St. Mark's Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
St. Mark's Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse Coordinator of Bariatrics like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As Coordinator of Bariatrics/Diabetes at our facility you will be joining a team committed to excellent patient care and also a team that cares for one another. Our motto is "Care Like Family". In this role you will:
- Be accountable for coordinating, evaluating and implementing a comprehensive service line program at St. Mark's Hospital.
- Work with the department director to support clinic staff through participating in hiring, training, coaching and development.
- Support the service line specific accreditations and certifications, audits, site visits, chart and billing audits, and program growth/development.
- In addition to providing clinical care, communicate and collaborate among the St. Mark's team to optimize the care of the patient in alignment with our mission, vision and values.
- Lead quality improvement initiatives with Medical Director/Physician Champion according to program standards.
- Collaborate on an ongoing basis with Director, Medical Director or Physician Champion, associated clinic staff, and physicians to promote positive communication techniques and the ability to problem solve at every level.
- Must possess one of the following licenses in the State of Utah:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Current Commission on Dietetic Registration and current state certified Dietitian
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- Certified Diabetes Educator preferred
- Certified in insulin pump management preferred
- Education Requirements:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker: MSW degree; completes continuing education in-service and other activities to assure continued competency and licensure.
- Registered Nurse: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing or actively pursuing with completion within 3 years of hire required.
- Registered Dietitian: B.S., B.A. or Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Foods and Nutrition or Dietetics is required.
- Prefer 2-4 years of clinical experience
- Must show good judgment and reliability, strong planning, organizing, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure to meet established goals and objectives, and have professional and personal integrity.
For 150 years, St.
Mark’s Hospital has provided a full-spectrum of healthcare services to Salt Lake City and
its surrounding communities. As Utah’s first hospital, St. Mark’s team members uphold a
rich tradition of patient-centered, top-quality care at our 308 plus bed hospital. St Mark’s drives
the development of some of the regions finest clinical service areas such as neurosciences, trauma,
orthopedics, cardiac care and robotic surgery. St. Mark’s was named to the Fortune/IBM
Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® list. This is the eighth time this hospital has been recognized with
this honor as one of the top performing Teaching Hospitals in the U.S.
St. Mark’s has expanded emergency access to the communities we serve with two free
standing emergency centers, Taylorsville Emergency Center and West Valley Emergency Center.
Both locations have 10 plus patient rooms are staffed 24/7 by experienced board-certified emergency
room physicians, nurses and support teams from St. Mark’s Hospital. In addition to ER care, both
facilities give comprehensive imaging services, including computerized tomography (CT scan), X‐ray, and
ultrasound as well as a fully-equipped medical laboratory.
Nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains, St. Mark’s sits in a picturesque and ideal
location. From our hospital doors it’s a quick commute to Salt Lake’s urban and cultural
benefits, and a short drive to outdoor adventures and Utah’s glorious national parks.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Registered Nurse Coordinator of Bariatrics opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.