This job posting is no longer active.
This position is incentive eligible.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Division Vice President Clinical Education opening with Trident Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Trident Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Division Vice President Clinical Education for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Vice President of Clinical Education is responsible for the execution of strategies to advance clinical education structures and processes in the assigned division and facilities that support all lines of business in executing HCA’s nursing and clinical agenda. The VP of Clinical Education drives positive change by providing leadership through performance improvement strategies that advance and support clinical education throughout HCA, leading to enhanced quality and financial outcomes. The VP of Clinical Education uses broad enterprise and segment influence and builds alliances with corporate, division, facility, and the Clinical Education team to successfully execute HCA’s clinical education agenda.
What you will do in this role:
- Cultivates a superior clinical identity by supporting the clinical education team in operationalizing evidence-based practices to advance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensures adherence to standards of care.
- Ensures that the clinical education team develops educational content that meets the accreditation standards of the Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid, and similar organizations from an educational perspective.
- Establishes expectations and accountability for delivery of clinical education services and practices that create a patient-centered organization, driven by customer feedback and data.
- Ensures efficient and effective development and delivery of quality clinical education content and programs to drive improved clinical metrics.
- Leads strategic planning and business development within area(s) of responsibility to support new service offerings, technology advances, and other opportunities to drive differentiation and support the growth agenda through the development of educational programs.
- Leads and develops the annual budget process for the division, including expense forecasts, staffing, and supply and equipment needs.
- Monitors and understands financial trends. Evaluates and articulates variances to expenses and prior year expenses, and creates action plans to correct these variances.
What qualifications you will need:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Education, required
- Doctorate Degree in Nursing or Education, preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in an acute care setting, required
- 2+ years’ experience in clinical education, organizational development, or human resources, required
Licensure, Certifications, Training
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation, required
- Certified Nurse Educator, preferred
- Certification from the Association of Nursing Professional Development, preferred
HealthTrust Supply Chain is a critical part of HCA Healthcare’s strategy. Our focus is to improve performance and reduce costs. We do this by joining non-clinical and administrative functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We develop, apply and monitor cost-efficient initiatives and programs for HCA Healthcare. By improving facility efficiency, medical professionals can focus on our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Division Vice President Clinical Education opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.