Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Central Sterile Tech opening with Physicians West El Paso today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Physicians West El Paso, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Central Sterile Tech for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Central Sterile Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the care of patients through providing properly cleaned, sterilized and highly disinfected instruments and supplies.
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrate knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness and sterilization of instruments and equipment
- Demonstrate awareness of appropriate sterilization methods needed for different instruments in accordance with manufacturer instructions
- Demonstrate knowledge of high level disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment
- Monitor and record all test loads and sterilization cycles and report any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
- Maintain accurate records for PM’s for equipment and report any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
- Test operational efficiency of Instrumentation prior to reprocessing and report problems to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
- Monitor all instrumentation for proper sterilization prior to releasing for use
- Perform required quality controls e.g. Bowie Dick, DART, Biological Monitoring, Disinfecting Solution Efficacy Testing, Test Strips
Qualifications you will need:
- Training in basic aseptic technique and sterile processing
- One year experience in surgical instrument sterilization processing, preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery center environment
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable
- Certification in Central Processing as per facility and state regulatory requirements
El Paso Surgery Center -
West is proud to have a distinguished reputation as a provider of ambulatory surgical care in El Paso, Texas. Today, we offer a state of the art facility and the newest technologies in our three operating rooms and one procedure room. Performing around 90 cases a month, our specialties include pain, orthopedic and hand surgery. We are AAAHC accredited and a top producing surgery center for HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Central Sterile Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.