Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our RN Case Manager opening with HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) RN Case Manager for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
RN Case Manager (Part-time)
Case Management Department
Part-time, Day Shift (Rotating Weekends), 0.50 FTE (40 Hrs Bi-Weekly)
HCA Florida JFK North Hospital
West Palm Beach, FL
The RN CM Under supervision, performs the functions relating to utilization management, resource management and discharge planning process. Plans, initiates and evaluates a patient centered discharge plan as defined by the patient's needs. Utilizes an interdisciplinary approach, maintains patient advocacy and ensures access to service.
- Applies admission/discharge criteria within established timeframes.
- Contacts the attending physician in cases not meeting criteria for admission or continued stay in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid, hospital-initiated denials and initiates process according to department procedures.
- Documents information in a manner which facilitates concurrent review and provides up-to-date information to others.
- Assesses and re-assesses patient for continuum of care needs in accordance with department policy and procedure.
- Performs initial discharge plan evaluation per department protocol.
- Assures that arrangements for discharge are complete when the patient is medically ready for discharge to prevent unnecessary delays.
- Considers the medical, emotional, psychosocial (i.e. age appropriate, family supports and condition of home environment) and financial needs of the patient in development of discharge plan.
- Promotes an interdisciplinary approach to discharge planning through active involvement in the patient care conferences and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to develop a plan specific to meet the needs of the patient.
- Discusses reimbursement issues with patient/family regarding DME delivery and transportation.
- Orders equipment in a timely manner to prevent delay in discharge.
- Schedules transportation with safety of the patient in mind.
- Assists in determining eligibility of social, medical, financial and offer services to meet the patient’s needs.
- Provides the patient or family with information appropriate to making an informed decision.
- Ensures that notes in the progress notes are clear, concise, timely and in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Completes initial clinical review screen in Meditech and documents discharge needs.
- Directs referrals to various agencies and support groups based on need.
What qualifications you will need:
- RN with current state licensure; BSN preferred
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
- 1-3 yrs. nursing experience in an acute care setting (i.e. med surg, tele, ICU)
- Certification in case management or utilization review preferred
- Knowledge of InterQual criteria, Medicare, Medicaid Guidelines, Managed Care
HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital has provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, and breast center. We offer minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment. This ensures patients have access to high-quality care. HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, and an American College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. The Emergency Room at the main hospital and the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with consideration for special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, and abundant open space. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team at HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our RN Case Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.