Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our RN Case Manager opening with HCA Florida Kendall Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
HCA Florida Kendall Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) RN Case Manager for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
RN Case Manager
Case Management Department
Full Time, Day Shift (Rotating Weekends), .90 FTE (72 hours)
HCA Florida Kendall Hospital
The RN CM is responsible for promoting patient-centered care by coordinating the plan of care for the patient stay, managing the length of stay, ensuring appropriate resource management and developing a safe appropriate discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. The RN CM facilitates the progression and transition of care using established criteria and in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team. The RN CM will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization.
- Provides case management services for both inpatient and observation patients as assigned.
- Identifies patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during the transition from one level of care/setting to another.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical and discharge needs of patients/family along with an assessment of resources appropriate and available to the patient/family.
- Reassesses the patient’s clinical condition as indicated.
- Considers patient’s readmission status or risk of readmission and develops strategies to mitigate including education on appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative education, and community-based resources.
- Coordinates the plan of care and drives the discharge plan by collaborating with the multidisciplinary health care team and in particular with the patient's physician to facilitate a successful care transition.
- In partnership with Social Services, the RN CM is responsible for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate.
- Evaluates progression of care using evidence-based tools and approved criteria (InterQual) throughout the episode of care; escalates progression and transition of care issues through the established chain of command.
- Makes appropriate referrals to third party payer, disease and case management programs for recurring patients and patients with chronic disease states.
- Facilitates patient throughput with an ongoing focus on an effective care transition, quality and efficiency.
- Documents professional recommendations, discharge plan, care coordination interventions, and case management activities to effectively communicate to all members of the health care team.
- Adheres to established policy and procedure and standards of care; escalates issues through the established chain of command timely.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives Serve as an advocate for patient's rights, needs, and values; ensuring that patients’ ethnic, cultural, or religious values, beliefs, preferences and needs are considered and aligned.
- Other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- RN with current state licensure; BSN preferred
- Three years’ clinical, hospital nursing experience required with preference given to those with 2 years of case management experience or 2 years of critical care experience
- Certification in case management or utilization review preferred
- InterQual experience preferred
HCA Florida Kendall Hospital is located in west Miami-Dade County. Our acute care facility has 417-beds. Our services include trauma, burn, surgical, women’s and children’s services, behavioral health and diagnostic services. We have two full service free-standing ER facilities. HCA Florida Kendall Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Overall Clinical Excellence from HealthGrades. This national recognition places us in the top 5% of hospitals for overall clinical quality. We are a Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center certified by the Florida Department of Health. We are verified as a Level I Adult Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. The hospital is certified by the Joint Commission as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center. We are one of five American Burn Association's verified Burn Centers in the state. With six ACGME accredited Graduate Medical Education programs, we strive to be a leading community-based research hospital. Join our team at HCA Florida Kendall Hospital and experience a dynamic career. One that rewards clinical professionals for their commitment, provides growth opportunities. We encourage you to enjoy a healthy lifestyle outside of work in a diverse and friendly community.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our RN Case Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.