This job posting is no longer active.
Medical City McKinney is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for RN Palliative Care PRN position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
Medical City McKinney, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Medical City McKinney!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Palliative Care RN is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family, and community. The Palliative Care RN provides services in palliative care, symptom management, and supportive care for chronically and seriously ill hospitalized patients and their families.
What Will You Do:
- Delivery of exceptional service to our patients, physicians, guests, coworkers, volunteers and vendors
- Actively assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, and evaluates the care of hospitalized patients with advanced care needs
- Utilizes the nursing process based on an expanded knowledge base of pathophysiology and pharmacology to assist with the comprehensive health care assessments, diagnosis, treatments and management of acute and chronic health conditions
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team in planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating care delivery for the palliative care patient in a variety of settings
- Responds to Palliative Care consultation requests
- Makes recommendations about the patient’s palliative care needs and pain and symptom management
- Clinical decisions are formulated in consultation and collaboration with attending physicians
- Initiates plan of care to meet specific needs of the palliative care patient and family
- Improves patient outcomes by facilitating early interventions for common geriatric problems; skin breakdown, dehydration, incontinence, falls, confusion / delirium, malnutrition, sleep disorders, pain
- Maximizes functional abilities and assists in maintaining autonomy of patient
- Provides care in an evidenced based environment
- Participates in the development of the Palliative Care program
- Contributes to the development and implementation of palliative care pathways and policies and procedures, integrating elements for enhanced quality, service, and resource management
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of nursing
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 2 years of Oncology or Critical Care nursing experience required
- Current TX Nursing License
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
Medical City McKinney opened its doors more than 90 years ago. We are a 285+ bed acute care hospital. We serve the residents of McKinney and northern Collin County. Our main campus is a Level III Trauma Center. We provide emergency services at our main campus and at Medical City ER Stonebridge. We have cardiovascular and neurological services. We offer general surgery, orthopedics and women's services. Additionally, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit and behavioral health services. Medical City McKinney is a Primary Stroke Center. We are also a stroke rehabilitation center. We are certified by The Joint Commission for total hip and total knee replacement. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals. Patients are ensured access to medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Palliative Care PRN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.