This job posting is no longer active.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Application Engineer II with HCA Healthcare you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Healthcare family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Application Engineer II to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
This position is a mid-level .NET Developer position who will report directly to the Manager of Supply Chain Platform Development at HealthTrust. This engineer will work on a cross functional scrum team and perform full-stack development on software solutions that support our business partners. This engineer must be a highly motivated self-starter, an enthusiastic learner, and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions.
- Construct and debug applications across all aspects of application development including but not limited to Front end graphical user interface design as well as Middle tier and Database layer with minimal guidance
- Production application support including some operational tasks
- Closely collaborates with team members to successfully execute development initiatives using Agile practices and principles
- Shows competency in value based decision making and Agile principles across teams
- Participate in continued learning of best practices involving agile methodologies, development methodologies, and technologies
- Acts as a contributing member to the teams continuous integration and continuous delivery automation pipeline
- Acts as mentor to Associate engineers
- College Graduate Preferred
- Technical Training
- 3+ years of software engineering experience required
- 3+ years of C# experience required
- 3+ years Web Development experience preferred (MVC, JQuery, CSS, ASP.NET, .NET Core)
- Angular 2 or above experience preferred
- Unit testing experience preferred
- Understanding of TDD
- Scrum and/or Agile team experience preferred
- Application troubleshooting experience required
- Willingness to learn our business domain required
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) required
- 3+ years working with object-oriented design, SQL, and web programming
- Strong focus on delivering customer value
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving abilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Prolonged sitting at a desk (6-7 hrs./day)
- Occasional after-hours work may be required
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Application Engineer II opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.