Job Summary:The internal medicine program at Corpus Christi Medical Center is seeking a Program Director for our 18 resident community-based program.
- Board certification in internal medicine
- 3 years (ideally 5 years) of experience with direct patient care and teaching.
- Comfort with outpatient adult medicine, outpatient pediatrics, and low risk prenatal care
- Licensed, or able to be licensed to practice by the Texas Medical Board
- Three years of documented educational and/or administrative experience in an ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine residency program
- Opportunity to build your skills, impart your knowledge, and have opportunities for career advancement
- Join large multi-specialty practice
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, vision, disability, 401k, etc.)
- Generous CME allowance
- Dues & subscription allowance
- Paid malpractice
- Relocation allowance
- Texas has tort reform and no state income tax
- Flexible schedule with a full scope of practice (including direct patient care, precepting residents, non-clinical administrative time, and opportunities for mentorship, scholarly activity, promotion, and leadership).
About Corpus Christi Medical Center:
- Maintenance of programmatic ACGME accreditation
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with affiliated institutions
- Teaching and providing administrative oversight to the residents in the program
- Recruitment of strong trainees and management of appropriate program growth
- Development and operationalizing programs to grow efforts in diversity and inclusion
- Involvement in personal and trainee scholarly activity
- Mentoring of trainees and faculty
- Providing feedback and development to teaching faculty
- Assessment and evaluation of program curriculum, including clinical experiences
In Corpus Christi, Texas you can enjoy living a relaxed, island lifestyle seasoned with a rich blend of culture. You will be part of a historical coastal community with the benefit of big city attractions. The area boasts miles of Gulf Coast beaches, a variety of museums, events, sports, sightseeing, shopping, restaurants and some of the best seafood in Texas. It’s an ideal place to advance your career and raise a family. A great career…a great way of life!
- Corpus Christi Medical Center (CCMC) is a four-hospital campus system licensed for 631 beds and currently operating with 421 beds.
- CCMC is a regional, acute-care center dedicated to helping patients attain the highest level of well-being through the science of medicine and the art of caring.
- CCMC GME includes internal medicine and dermatology residency programs, as well as cardiology and pulmonary fellowships. CCMC is approved for institutional accreditation through the ACGME.