Sign-On Bonus Elgibile*
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Vendor Resource Coding Management Lead? At Parallon, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Parallon, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Vendor Resource Coding Management Lead like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
In this role you will:
- Actively participates in the review and improvement of processes and services
- Responsible for analyzing weekly/monthly quality data to identify trends by vendor and coder/auditor that need to be addressed
- Prepares and presents coder education as needed based on trends and/or problematic areas identified by HSCs or corporate HIM.
- Collates and presents quality trends and findings to the VRM management team, Vendor teams
- HSC coding leadership and HIM Leadership
- Monitors and ensures vendor staff adhere with coding guidelines and policies
- Demonstrates and applies expert level knowledge of medical coding practices and concepts; assists in ensuring vendor coders adherence with coding guidelines and policy
- Assists in managing coding vendor daily workflow (e.g., work queues,/worklists, turnaround times, quality)
- Performs quality reviews of inpatient and/or outpatient records as needed (including concurrent coding); where applicable, validates physician queries, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT/HCPCS level II Codes as well as facility E/M levels and injection/infusion procedure codes assigned by vendor coders
- Validates accuracy of codes assigned by CAC (Computer Assisted Coding) tool; assists in monitoring coders CAC adoption behavior; assists in identifying precision and recall improvement opportunities
- Monitors and assists the vendors in the monthly random, focus, prebill review, and Ad Hoc quality review process
- Submits and reviews coding appeals as appropriate
- Monitors and maintains the communication logs between the HSCs and the coding vendors, including but not limited to the mailbox escalations, CIMRR logs and VRM vendor error logs
Qualifications you will need:
- Undergraduate degree in HIM/HIT preferred. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for
- Management/Supervisory experience in healthcare related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years acute care inpatient and/or outpatient coding experience required
- Coding auditing/monitoring experience strongly preferred
- Associate Degree, or Work Experience in lieu of Degree
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
Parallonprovides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has over 17,000 colleagues, and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients, providers and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Vendor Resource Coding Management Lead opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Some exclusions may apply. Must meet eligibility requirements.