Do you have the career opportunities as a API Engineer you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Healthcare which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a API Engineer where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
HCA Healthcare ITG
The API Engineer will report directly to the Product Manager, and work closely with the Expanse team and other business partners. This role will collaborate with various leaders, product owners, analysts, project managers, and technical solution providers across the enterprise to deliver on business needs related support of the EHR. The API Engineer will be accountable for the coordination of designated work efforts, escalation of issues, and support of associated areas to ensure a successful EHR implementation and ongoing operations. Organizational goal – eliminate/reduce customer impact and identify issues via alerting/monitoring prior to customer impact. Communicate to customers proactively and with urgency to provide product issues status when needed. Advocate for customers to enhance their experience with our technologies.
As assigned by leadership, this individual will ensure proper configuration, implementation, and integration for products to meet the needs of our key stakeholders while meeting IT security standards.
In some cases, this individual will need to act as a project manager, business analyst, product tester, etc.
- Leverages HCA ITG ITSM products and tools in accordance with ITIL standards.
- Works ITSM queues responding to customer issues and requests within defined SLAs
- Works directly with the customer to resolve escalated issues.
- Works directly with service operations, product, and vendor teams to resolve, prevent, and eliminate customer technology issues.
- Communicates relevant product information to user base and appropriate stakeholders. Includes flash message draft and sending for incidents, events, enhancements, changes and other communications defined by product leadership. Leverage standard ITG communication processes and tools.
- Analyze customer issues trends and provide permanent fix and/or automation. Actively participates with product team in stewardship to report on operational status of product.
- Track development fixes and publish to customer base and ITG.
- Provides training and education materials for diverse user bases. Leverages ITSM Knowledge base for tier 1 analysts to equip them for customer first call/issue resolution as well as alert resolution (all interaction types, i.e. incidents, alerts, requests). Includes customer facing knowledge article publishing for users.
- Actively owns and participates in change validation testing and patching validation (as applicable and determined by product owner).
- Gathers and documents business, user, functional and non-functional requirements for in scope products.
- Work with vendors to ensure compliance with HCA IT expectations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers and healthcare professionals, to gather and prioritize requirements for healthcare APIs.
- Analyze industry trends, market demands and competitive offerings to inform product strategy.
- Define and document product features, functionalities and user stories.
- Act as a subject matter expert on healthcare data standards and regulations, including HIPAA and FHIR.
- Assist in creating product documentation and training materials for internal teams and clients.
- Work closely with the development teams to ensure the successful implementation of API features and functionalities.
- Monitor performance and adoption of healthcare API products, identifying areas for improvement and optimization.
- Has the ability resolve simple to complex production support issues
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Required
- 5+ years of experience in relevant work – Required
- 5+ years of experience in preferably a healthcare technology or API-related role.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting healthcare data standards, including FHIR and HL7.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting healthcare data exchange protocols and regulations (e.g. CCD, CDA and HIPPA)
HCA Healthcare’s Information Technology Group (ITG) delivers healthcare IT products and services to HCA Healthcare's portfolio of business and partners, including Parallon, HealthTrust and Sarah Cannon.
For decades, ITG has been a pioneer in the industry, leading the transformation of healthcare into a new era of quality and connectivity. ITG relies on the breadth of the organization and depth of technical expertise to advance and enhance today’s healthcare and to enable our physicians and clinicians to provide world-class, innovative care for patients.
ITG employees rally around the noble cause of transforming healthcare through technology and find inspiration in the meaningful work they do—creating a culture that follows our mission statement which begins by saying “above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”
If you want a career in technology and have a heart for healthcare, apply your expertise to a mission that matters.
What qualifications you will need:
Occasional/ Intermittent Required
5 years experience Required Years of Experience
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our API Engineer opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.