Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Data Engineer? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Data Engineer like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
What makes the Information Technology Group unique as a technology company is that our solutions ultimately impact the care of patients. Although our skills are needed in a number of industries, we in ITG apply them specifically to the noble cause of healthcare. We are "Healthcare Inspired." It is this guiding vision that pervades and positively influences every level of our organization. It shapes our mission, defines our values, and brings our leaders and employees together in a shared enthusiasm for their work, setting ITG apart as a uniquely purpose-driven company in the IT industry. As a part of that, we exist to Raise the bar, Unlock possibilities, and Care like family.
The Data Engineer will report directly to the Manager of Automation Delivery, and work closely with stakeholder teams and the Automation Center of Excellence. This role will collaborate with various leaders, product owners, analysts, project managers, and technical solution providers across the enterprise to deliver on data-related business needs to support the development of new end user, analytics, and operational automations and applications. The Data Engineer will work alongside engineers and subject matter experts for the planning and execution of designated work efforts, escalation of issues, and support of associated areas to assist in the development and support of tools and analysis to ensure a successful implementations and ongoing operations. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, with the ability to plan out and develop applications. The individual should be innovative and passionate about developing new automation capabilities alongside our clinical and operational product teams and Automation Center of Excellence
The following are highlighted core expectations for the job/role:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Moral Courage
- Stakeholder partnership
- Understanding strategic imperatives
- Cross-functional knowledge
- Risk management
- Software Development
- Technology Implementations
- Process improvement/re-engineering
At HCA ITG, you WILL influence patient care. Every process, technology and decision matters.
- Collaboration with various teams to understand opportunities and challenges related to data implementations using automation
- Perform deep data analysis to inform solution design and application optimization
- Contribute to day-to-day efforts associated with building and optimizing automation tooling.
- Propose recommendations, adjustments and/or process improvements to achieve success as needed.
- Development of support tools to assist in effective and efficient functional implementations.
- Provide assistance and support to facilitate business needs as they arise
- Escalation of concerns or issues that could impact a successful project go live in a timely and detailed manner.
- Attendance and participation in team and/or project meetings.
- Provide detailed report outs and status updates as needed.
- Some travel may be required to support business efforts.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Perform other duties as assigned
Incident Response and Communications
- Provide after-hours support including weekends and holidays as needed
- Participate in major events and/or large problem efforts between multiple divisions, vendors, and ITG resources
- Actively participate in communications needs and expectations for customers and stakeholders
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Three or more years relevant work experience
- Three or more years in Information Technology
- One or more years experience in healthcare
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
- Results oriented with an eye towards business results as the objective of automations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement/re-engineering
- Extensive experience with relational database management systems; SQL Server preferred
- Advanced SQL skills, including the ability to write, tune, and interpret SQL queries
- Demonstrated experience with healthcare integration standards such as HL7 and FHIR Ability to troubleshoot, maintain, reverse engineer, and optimize existing ETL pipelines and SSIS packages
- Experience with public cloud technologies such as, GCP Big Query, GCP Data Catalog and Azure Data Bricks In depth knowledge of all applicable systems as assigned
- Ability to make independent decisions and work on independent tasks Ability to be adaptable and flexible with a changing environment
- Knowledge of architectural and data principles
- Ability to leverage technical metrics to drive effective business decisions
- Ability to accomplish assignments, analyzing alternative approaches in the process of advising management on aspects of development, operations and solutions
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and distributed systems
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Data Engineer opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.