Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Recreational Therapist? At Frisbie Memorial Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Frisbie Memorial Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Recreational Therapist like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Recreational Therapist is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, directing and coordinating therapeutic activities in accordance with federal and state regulations and FMH policies and procedures to assure an on-going therapeutic recreation program designed to meet the interests and the physical, mental and psychosocial well-being of each geropsychiatric patient to the greatest extent possible.
Patient Population Served:
The Recreation Therapist should demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized, person centered recreational interventions based on the physical ability, level of cognitive functioning, psychosocial, educational and safety needs of the geriatric patient in the inpatient geriatric psychiatry setting.
Essential Position Functions:
- Plans, organizes and conducts a wide range of group and individual therapeutic activities appropriate for the specific clinical and therapeutic needs of the patient population.
- Continuously reviews and evaluates ongoing recreation groups and programs/services to meet the needs of the patient population.
- Assesses, delivers and evaluates individual and group needs related to therapeutic recreational activities.
- Participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Incorporates individualized recreation therapy objectives with that of the overall clinical treatment plan.
- Utilizes the EMR to maintain timely clinical documentation on patient treatment/progress and participation.
- Provides education and teaching as needed/appropriate to assist patients/caregivers in safe and effective therapeutic activity post discharge.
- Maintains therapeutic equipment and supplies and makes recommendations for additional therapeutic supply purchases to the program Director as appropriate.
- May train and supervise clinical education/practice of recreation therapy students and other students in allied health field.
- Provides in-service education in the field of Therapeutic Recreation to GPU staff as needed.
- Maintains and improves professional development/expertise through professional journals, workshops, conferences and other related educational opportunities.
Non-Essential Position Functions:
- Supervision of students as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed or as judgement dictates.
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university with major study in therapeutic recreation or a major in recreation or leisure with an option in therapeutic recreation.
- Successful examination and certification by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) and authorization to use the initials of CTRS (Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist) or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Licensure as a Recreation Therapist by the New Hampshire Allied Health Professionals Governing Board for Recreational Therapists. If not yet licensed in New Hampshire, must have a conditional license and the ability to obtain NH licensure within 90 days of hire.
- 1-3 years in an acute psychiatric setting preferred; geriatric psychiatry experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to a diverse audience.
- Advanced computer experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and EMR systems, Meditech preferred.
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple projects, prioritize assignments, handle stressful situations and meet deadlines without direct supervision.
- Proven ability to set priorities, exercise initiative and judgement and make decisions within scope of assigned authority.
Frisbie Memorial Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1919. We give patient's access to trained physicians, advanced technology and innovative approaches. Our 110+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities in Southern New Hampshire. Frisbie Memorial Hospital earned high performing ratings for COPD in recognition of exceptional care by the U.S. News & World Report. Frisbie Memorial has been recognized as a Center of Distinction for its Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine for the eight consecutive years. We have been named a Screening Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
At Frisbie Memorial Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Recreational Therapist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.