PACU experience is required for this position.
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At HCA Florida North Florida Hospital our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Registered Nurse PACU PRN to join our healthcare family.
HCA Florida North Florida Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At HCA Florida North Florida Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Registered Nurse PACU PRN opportunity.
We are seeking a PACU RN to join our healthcare team. Your primary function is to care for adult and pediatric patients prior to surgery and those who have received anesthesia, including: local with sedation, regional, general, or spinal. You will work with a phenomenal team that cares like family and works together in a collaborative manner.
In this role you will:
· Demonstrate knowledge and application of the nursing process in the peri-operative setting.
· Monitor the patient’s medical condition and report any significant changes to the physician or anesthesiologist/CRNA.
· Explain nursing procedures and actions taken to patient.
· Assess, collaborate and coordinate patient’s discharge planning needs and readiness for discharge with other members of the care team.
· Instruct patients in self-care techniques following the procedure.
· Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing Required, Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred
· Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
· BLS-American Heart Association BLS Provider issued card required
· ACLS-American Heart Association ACLS Provider issued card required
· PALS-American Heart Association PALS Provider issued card required
· ASPAN preferred
· Acute care experience preferred
· Critical Care or PACU experience preferred
HCA Florida North Florida Hospital is a 523-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center. For over 49 years, we have served North Central Florida. We offer comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, and neurosciences. We offer minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment. Other services that we provide include women’s health and wound therapy. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission and certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. Our hospital has an Accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC (American College of Cardiology) and is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. We are committed to patient safety and quality of care. We have received the highest scores available in recognition of this commitment.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse PACU PRN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.