Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Certified Surgery Technologist? At St. David's North Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Certified Surgery Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Surgical Technologist, you will assist in the cleaning and preparation of the operating room suite, as well as participating in the care and cleaning of operating room equipment. You will perform in a sterile field and assist the surgeon by providing instrumentation appropriate for the task. You will provide care for the operative patient before, during, and after surgery.
- You will perform patient care within the scope of training of the operating room technician and under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN)
- You will prepare patients, equipment, and operating rooms for each procedure/surgery
- You will maintain a clean and safe operating room suite for surgical patients
- You will perform intra-operative management of assigned procedures and anticipate needs of the surgeon
- You will assist the circulating nurse in maintaining correct instrument counts
- You will be responsible for supply and equipment management, including determining needs, ensuring availability, and maintaining equipment through proper sterilization
What qualifications you will need:
- Previous experience as a Surgical Technologist – preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited education program for Surgical Technology, OR graduate from an appropriate training program in the US Armed Forces or US Public Health Service
Licenses and Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per St. David’s Healthcare policy
- Surgical Technologist that graduate after September 1, 2009 must hold and maintain a current certification as a Surgical Technologist within 180 days from the date of graduation. Certification must be from: 1. The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or its successor; 2. The National Center for Competency Testing or its successor; 3. Another surgical technology certification program approved by the department
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification – preferred
David’s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with
more than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David’s Children’s Hospital, St. David’s Women’s
Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional services
offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and
neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one
of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.
David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two
local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Certified Surgery Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.