DescriptionThis position is incentive eligible.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Director Agile Delivery Data Science Products? At Work from Home, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Work from Home, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Director Agile Delivery Data Science Products like you to be a part of our team.
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to providing our patients and care providers with the highest quality of healthcare services. HCA’s Care Transformation and Innovation (CT&I) team delivers a step change in that direction through clinically led integration of digital and AI technologies into care. The Director of Feature Engineering will play a critical role in helping us achieve this goal by developing secure, discoverable, easily accessible, digestible and reliable data products and feature stores to advance the use of data science and machine learning within the organization. He/She will provide product-oriented, technical and organizational leadership over the data catalog and commonly used curated datasets for the purpose of advanced analytics and machine learning. As a SME in the healthcare domain, this role will define the Northstar of care related data products and engage with HCA leadership to direct resources and investments over a 3-year roadmap. He/She is expected to bring hands-on expertise in EDA, feature engineering, normalization, metadata management, and data governance. This role is expected to drive a positive change throughout the organization (both Business and Technology) by democratizing data through decentralized stewardship, governance, and self-service. He/she is expected to show empathy for the customers (i.e. data scientists and analysts) and build data products which deliver delightful experience.
• Architect, design, implement and evangelize reusable data products and feature stores in a decentralized organization.
• Implement self-service tools while adhering to the data governance standards to enable agile development of data science and machine learning models.
• Build and maintain data catalog, lineage, quality and latency metrics for the owned data products.
• Conduct hackathons to promote/gamify exploratory data analytics and to find insights and anomalies that challenge business intuition.
• Provide a secure platform for hosting feature sets for Kaggle-style collaboration within the data science community.
HCA Healthcare | CSG – Care Transformation & Innovation Team
• Hire, train, and manage a team of data engineers, product managers, and data stewards to build and deliver high-quality data products.
• Identify new opportunities to leverage data to improve patient outcomes and reduce healthcare costs,
working closely with business leaders to understand their needs and develop customized data solutions to meet their specific requirements.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest developments and trends in datasets marketplace, data governance, data democratization, and data products.
• Lead and contribute to the development of best practices for healthcare analytics, including data
management, modeling, and visualization.
• Develop and manage project plans, timelines, and budgets for data products. Oversee backlog grooming, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives.
• Partner with IT and compliance teams to design privacy, security, ethical, and other regulatory controls
while maintaining lean DataOps practices.
• Actively participate in the development of the company's data strategy and roadmap, working closely with senior leadership.
• Stay up-to-date with healthcare industry trends and AI technologies, bringing new ideas and best practices to CT&I.
• Communicate with senior management and stakeholders to ensure alignment of goals and priorities.
Develop and track data product OKRs.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree Required
• Master Degree Preferred
• 8+ years of overall experience in various aspects of data products (stewardship,
governance, architecture, engineering, analysis, reporting)
• 3+ years of experience in building robust and high-quality batch and streaming data
pipelines in a cloud environment.
• 2+ years of experience in metadata management.
• 2+ years of experience in product management.
• Expert in the regulatory aspects of the healthcare domain.
• Expertise in healthcare protocols and formats such as HL7, FHIR, DICOM.
• Experience with test data management, data de-identification and synthetic data
• Experience with data security and governance in a multi-cloud environment.
• Understanding of modern data architectures such as Lakehouse, Data mesh, data
fabric and clean rooms.
• Understanding of SQL and no-SQL databases.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to build, motivate and mentor high performing
• Ability to tell a story using data and insights that drives action and change.
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Director Agile Delivery Data Science Products opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.