Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Sanitation Asst today with HCA Florida Highlands Hospital.
HCA Florida Highlands Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Sanitation Asst. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
The Food Service Sanitation Worker under the direction of the Food and Nutritional Management team is responsible for routine daily tasks related to patient food services including but not limited to; general cleaning duties and trash removal. This position ensures that all tasks are completed safely and in strict adherence to Food and Nutritional cleaning / sanitation policies, infection control, environment of care and other related policies and procedures. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
· Demonstrates effective use of PPE and understands the procedures necessary to minimize exposure to chemicals while performing daily tasks.
· Understands and demonstrates a good knowledge of the garbage disposal system.
· Demonstrates proper ware washing procedures/techniques using the 3-sink method and correct use of ware washing chemicals.
· Demonstrates correct procedures for cleaning and sanitizing the dish machine after each cycle (de liming, emptying, etc.)
· Performs daily restocking and cleaning of work area after each meal service.
· Maintain the cleanliness of all floors within the department at all times. Utilize correct cleaning chemicals in correct quantities.
· Ensures all trash is removed and properly placed in the appropriate containers throughout shift and prior to ending shift.
· Reports all maintenance needs and safety hazards to manager or supervisory immediately.
· Contributes to a safe, clean, and uncontaminated environment by ensuring work area is kept clean, sanitized, and orderly. Ensures HACCP is followed in assembling trays and nourishment.
·Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or its equivalent, preferred.
·One year of experience in healthcare environmental food and nutrition services preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Highlands Hospital is a 126-bed acute hospital. We offer a full range of Emergency, Surgical and Inpatient and Outpatient services. We have served Sebring, Florida, and the surrounding counties since 1965. We offer advanced technology, attracting the most qualified physicians and surgeons in the area. Our Emergency Room is the area’s only dedicated Senior ER. This features designated parking and hearing amplifiers. This also offers optical devices, specific discharge planning and personal scheduling assistance. All patient directives are clear, easing tension. Our Orthopedic Institute provides an upscale environment for joint replacements. Patients are at ease in our facility. The hospital specializes in minimally invasive procedures. These result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Sebring, “The City on the Circle,” is home to the Sebring International Raceway. There is something to satisfy all recreational interests. We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Sanitation Asst opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.