Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) FNS Asst PRN today with HCA Florida Highlands Hospital.
HCA Florida Highlands Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) FNS Asst PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
The Food Service Assistant is responsible for routine daily tasks related to patient food service. These tasks include, but not limited to; tray assembly, portioning of food; preparation of snacks, tube feedings, and supplements; delivery of floor stock and special items to the units; delivery of patient meal trays into patients rooms. Ensures that all tasks are completed safely, and in strict adherence to Food and Nutrition cleaning /sanitation policies and other related policies and procedures. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
· Process menus correctly by placing appropriate food items on patient trays during meal service.
· Delivers meal trays to patient rooms visually checking identification bracelet and calling patients name with affirmative response. Delivers pediatric trays to nursing station.
· Strips, cleans, and sanitizes patient carts using approved procedures.
· Rinses, washes and sanitizes dishware and utensils according to Board of Health Regulations.
· Sets up and delivers patient late trays within 30 minutes of notification.
· Checks pantries for soiled trays, after meal service and at the end of shift.
· Prepares and delivers patient nourishments based on menu rotation and patient diet.
· Selects appropriate foods for therapeutic diets when preparing patient trays and late trays.
· Controls food portions through the use of appropriate sized utensils and measuring devices.
· Correctly records dish machine and refrigerator temperatures. Reports abnormal temperatures to supervisors to initiate corrective action process
· Cleans, sanitizes and stocks milk and ice cream units daily and as needed.
· Picks up and delivers p.o. supplements from pharmacy, for patients daily.
· Stocks tray line before and after meal service and as needed.
· Cleans all work areas, walls, equipment, and storage areas after use according to departments policy and procedures.
· Checks with supervisor or clinical staff before making menu substitution.
· Maintains a clean self and work area and practices Infection Control (hand washing) for protection of self and patients.
· Uses all necessary food service equipment as needed using proper safety precautions and operation procedures.
· Promptly reports food shortages or potential food shortages to supervisor.
· Follows sanitation procedures when handling utensils and food items 100% of the time.
· Other duties as assigned.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Highlands Hospital is a 126-bed acute hospital. We offer a full range of Emergency, Surgical and Inpatient and Outpatient services. We have served Sebring, Florida, and the surrounding counties since 1965. We offer advanced technology, attracting the most qualified physicians and surgeons in the area. Our Emergency Room is the area’s only dedicated Senior ER. This features designated parking and hearing amplifiers. This also offers optical devices, specific discharge planning and personal scheduling assistance. All patient directives are clear, easing tension. Our Orthopedic Institute provides an upscale environment for joint replacements. Patients are at ease in our facility. The hospital specializes in minimally invasive procedures. These result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Sebring, “The City on the Circle,” is home to the Sebring International Raceway. There is something to satisfy all recreational interests. We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our FNS Asst PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.