Do you have the career opportunities as a Supervisor Pharmacy Technicians you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Gulf Coast Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Gulf Coast Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Supervisor Pharmacy where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Pharmacy Supervisor provides managerial support to the Director of Pharmacy and other Pharmacy Department Leadership through day to day departmental leadership and coordination of pharmacy workflow. The Supervisor will coordinate and supervise the daily activities of Pharmacy staff delegating assignments as necessary in accordance with established policies and procedures and to maintain department productivity. This position is responsible for helping to create a patient and customer focused department in support of the delivery of exceptional patient care. The Supervisor will also be responsible for attracting and developing a team of highly capable, committed staff through recruiting and interviewing candidates that have a passion for patient and customer centered care.
- Supervises Pharmacy operations including responsibility for formulating and implementing institutional policy and practice at the department level, and overseeing day to day operations and workflow of the pharmacy department
- Assists in the planning, development, organization, operation, and evaluation of pharmacy services; assesses and changes pharmacy operations in coordination with the pharmacy management team
- Assists in maintaining appropriate information systems to optimize pharmacy workflow
- Assures pharmacy staff development, new employee orientation, and ongoing training in the pharmacy in coordination with other pharmacy managers
- Helps assure that policies and procedures are updated and followed in coordination with the pharmacy management team
- Assures compliance with pharmacy laws and provides staff guidance when appropriate in regards to regulatory agencies including The Joint Commission standards, National Patient Safety Goals, and USP 797, and participates in quality assurance activities to evaluate and maintain safe medication practices
- Assists with budget preparation and ongoing cost containment initiatives for medication use and operations; provides other management reports as required
- Assures compliance with departmental productivity targets and assists with staffing proposals
- Directs the preparation of written or oral reports at shift change to communicate incomplete assignments and potential patient safety concerns to ensure continuity of medication therapy and assure that patient charges and credits are processed in a timely fashion
- Coordinates with the Information Systems Pharmacist on operational activities related to informatics, order entry systems and automated dispensing cabinets
- Coordinates with the Pharmacy Buyer on operational activities related to drug use, control, inventory and billing
- Helps assure proper control of pharmaceutical controlled substances and maintenance of proper records and inventories
- Assists in the recruitment, interviewing and evaluation of pharmacists, pharmacy residents, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy interns as applicable to the pharmacy department and helps coordinate new hire training
- Assists with personnel performance reviews and the development and retention of competent personnel in coordination with the Technician Supervisor; conducts coaching and staff mentoring sessions when necessary
- Ensures appropriate staffing of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the pharmacy, and maintains skills to assist with staffing as necessary
- Ensures the accuracy of time away from work records in coordination with other department managers
- Helps develop pharmacists schedule and supervises pharmacists and technicians in the performance of their assigned duties on a daily basis and prioritizes tasks in the event of staffing shortages
- Helps coordinate the experience of Pharmacy interns in conjunction with the Clinical Manager in the pharmacy and Pharmacy a provides a rotation for Schools of s part of their experiential education programs
- Assumes other responsibilities in the management of the Pharmacy Department as delegated by the Director of Pharmacy
- Helps to implement strategies designed to strengthen the pharmacy program
- Adheres to facility and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs as well as safety, environmental and infection control standards in the performance of work duties
- Maintains professional growth and development through continuing education seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to remain current in field of expertise
- Maintains knowledge pertaining to facility utilization of automated dispensing processes including the use of automated dispensing cabinets, software systems, over wrap packaging, and bar-coding within the facility
- Effectively and accurately provides education or in-services on medication-related policies and procedures to healthcare professionals, students, patients as needed
- Retrieves, analyzes, evaluates and interprets scientific literature in order to provide accurate, concise, applicable, and timely drug information response to healthcare professionals
- Manages systems for storage, preparation and dispensing of medicinal agents using appropriate techniques while following the health systems policies; effectively supervises personnel who may be involved in these processes
- Collaboratively works with all individuals involved in the medication dispensing and use process as appropriate.
- Attends meetings and participates on committees as required
- Assists with the coordination and safe dispensing of alternative medications in response to medication shortages
- Maintains a productive, collaborative relationship with all hospital staff and vendors
- Is compliant with required classes and vaccinations by CMC; i.e., Code of Conduct, influenza vaccine and TB skin tests
Education & Experience:
- B.S. or PharmD. Degree from an accredited college of Pharmacy Required
- 4 years’ experience as a hospital pharmacist. Required
- ASHP accredited residency or advanced degree (MBA, MHA, MS)
Licenses, Certifications & Training:
- Applicable State Pharmacy License Required
- Consultant License (if applicable per state) Preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Gulf Coast Hospital is a 238-bed acute care hospital. For 40 years, we have served Bay County and the surrounding communities. We are an accredited facility offering comprehensive care. This includes advanced cardiac assessment and treatment. We offer certified women's services. Our hospital has dedicated spaces for adult and pediatric emergency services. We are certified in Advanced Primary Stroke Care. Our hospital is accredited as a Comprehensive Breast Care Center. We are the area's only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI and Resuscitation. Other services that we offer include orthopedic care and joint replacement, robotic surgery, cardiac, vascular, and interventional services. We are home to the only Pediatric ER in the community. We have the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in the region. Together, we continue to raise the bar in healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Supervisor Pharmacy opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.