This job posting is no longer active.
This position is incentive eligible.
Salary Estimate: $177424.00 - $266032.00 / year
Learn more about the benefits offered
for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Last year alone, HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours impacting our communities. As a(an) Market Director Clinical Professional Development with Good Samaritan Hospital, you can be a manager in an organization that is devoted to giving!
Good Samaritan Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Market Director Clinical Professional Development. We care for our communities and employees! HCA Hope Fund in fourteen years reached a historic milestone: $50 million in help to our colleagues in need. Last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Director of Clinical Professional Development enhances professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional, and non-licensed clinical staff within the market.
What you will do in this role:
- Leads the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating of onboarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel.
- Researches and implements innovative, effective, and efficient practices for orientation/onboarding. Incorporates
- organizational values/culture in the orientation process and ensures alignment with organizational goals and initiatives.
- Identifies, communicates, and implements cost effectiveness and efficient orientation/onboarding practices.
- Seeks improvement opportunities to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of clinical education through analysis of stakeholder feedback, and adjusts programs based on evaluation results.
- Identifies and designs educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, including licensed and non-licensed healthcare personnel, in alignment with HCA and division clinical education content and development processes.
- Promotes and integrates the EBP in order to continuously improve practice. Conducts, encourages, facilitates, and/or participates in research, EBP, and QI in patient care settings.
- Develops, measures and analyzes data to demonstrate impact on nursing care delivery, including patient outcomes, nurse competency, and practice improvements.
- Leads quality initiatives to improve education practices.
- Assists staff to identify areas for individual growth in current role. Promotes the achievement of specialty certifications.
- Provides expertise in identifying professional development needs of individual staff. Directs staff to career advancement resources.
- Participates in the annual budget process by providing input into expense forecasts, staffing, and supply and equipment needs.
- Monitors department budget performance, identifies trends and evaluates variances in relation to established budget.
- Develops and implements actions to address performance gaps.
- Manages operating expenses, including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare related field, required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, preferred
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Education, or current enrollment in a Master’s Degree
- Program, required
- 5+ years’ experience in an acute care setting, required
- 3+ years’ experience in clinical education, required
Licensure, Certifications, Training
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse or health care professional in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation, required
- Basic Life Saving (BLS), required
- NPD Practitioner Certification, preferred
- Specialty Certifications as recognized by the AmericanNurse Credentialing Center, preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HealthTrust Supply Chain is a critical part of HCA Healthcare’s strategy. Our focus is to improve performance and reduce costs. We do this by joining non-clinical and administrative functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We develop, apply and monitor cost-efficient initiatives and programs for HCA Healthcare. By improving facility efficiency, medical professionals can focus on our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Become a manager with an organization that invests in your career while giving to the community. We are seeking distinguished applicants for our Market Director Clinical Professional Development opening. Help HCA Healthcare create healthier tomorrows for patients and communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.