Do you have the PRN career opportunities as an EEG Tech Registered PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Memorial Health University Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Memorial Health University Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as an EEG Tech Registered PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The EEG Technician works under the direction of the EEG/Cardiopulmonary Director and performs various EEG tests including standard EEG, Electrocerebral Inactivity, Neonatal EEG and other neurological tests such as Evoked Potentials and assists in Nerve Conduction Studies. The EEG Tech should have a sound knowledge and proficiency in the use of all Neuro-Diagnostic equipment. The EEG Tech monitors patients aged from neonatal to geriatric throughout the test and documents observations, collects data from various monitors and reports this information to the physician.
What you will do in this role:
· You will explain the test to the patient. You will obtain an accurate and concise patient history. You will note patient information, such as seizure types, date of last seizure, other neurologic symptoms, and any medications taken.
· You will demonstrate positive interpersonal skills with patients, patient’s family, Neuro-Diagnostic staff, Laboratory staff, physicians and other members of the hospital staff. You will interact with Neurologists, other physicians, and other staff personnel.
· You will measure and apply EEG electrodes in an accurate and efficient manner.
· You will calibrate, evaluate and adjust the EEG instrument to proper technical standards as required. You will put emphasis on sensitivity, time axis, mechanical and electrical baseline in order to obtain top quality EEG recordings.
· You will record EEG activity using standard montages. Labels all pertinent machine settings and clinical observations on the EEG tracing.
· You will clean electrodes and equipment. You will maintain work area in an organized, safe and sanitary fashion by cleaning the patient area and by changing the linen for the next patient.
What qualifications you may need:
· A High School Graduate or GED equivalent is preferred
· Degree from accredited Electro-Diagnostic Technology program is preferred
· A Registered Electroencephalographic Technologist Certification is preferred
· Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· 1-3 years EEG experience is preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Health University Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1955, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 600+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities that serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Located in Savannah, Georgia, we are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level I trauma center and children's hospital, as well as the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
At Memorial Health, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our EEG Tech Registered PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.