Are you passionate about delivering superior work outcomes? At Galen College of Nursing, we are committed to a single purpose: offering excellence in nursing education. Our staff and administration live out our vision! We change the life of one to care for the lives of many. Jump-start your career as a Student Financial Services Manager today with Galen College of Nursing.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a comprehensive package of medical, dental, and vision plans along with unique benefits, including:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our students’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Student Financial Services Manager to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Student Financial Services Manager will create a service-oriented environment committed to supporting student educational goals by providing high quality financial aid counseling and support and providing a comprehensive approach to financial aid and student accounts advisements.
What you will do in this role:
- Provide leadership to campus financial aid support, student accounts and VA benefit services teams.
- Oversee student accounts receivables, including, but not limited to, payment plans, account reconciliations, payment administration, collection procedures, resolving discrepancies, and communication.
- Utilize discretion in the enforcement and application of college policies, including, but not limited to, holds, collections placements, and drops.
- Proactively prepare, review, and analyze reports on outstanding accounts, identifying trends, and directing staff to take action to minimize unpaid balances.
- Facilitates and ensures compliance with federal, state, and other agencies to meet the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs laws governing veterans' educational benefits. Serve as a VA certifying official and contribute to the success of the military student population.
- Evaluate and improve the practices of the student experience, including timely, effective, and positive engagement with the active student population to increase awareness of financial responsibility and options for funding their education.
- Utilize CRM systems for monitoring and reporting purposes.
- Evaluate individual team member’s performance on a frequent basis through observations and other coaching opportunities. Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual performance feedback and plans of action, as needed.
- Assisting the Operations Leader in improving the processes of the day-to-day operations of the department and preparation of accrediting agency reports.
- Assist with graduation ceremonies and/or new student orientations, as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Leadership experience with current best practices in financial aid, student accounts, or VA benefits services preferred.
- Experience with process-improvement initiatives and leadership in change-management environments preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word required. CRM experience preferred.
- Special Qualifications: Excellent communication skills, integrity, and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment: Must be able to work flexible schedule to include some evenings and occasional weekends. Ability to travel to local outside businesses, education institutions, etc. Must be able to sit at a desk for eight hours at a time.
Galen College of Nursing is a college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. We offer a unique educational experience called Pure Nursing. With a focus on nursing education, our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master's Degrees. Our baccalaureate degree in nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate and master’s degree in nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). At Galen we change the life of one to care for the lives of many.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Student Financial Services Manager opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in nursing education!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.