Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Maintenance Mechanic III you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Gulf Coast Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Gulf Coast Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Maintenance Mechanic III where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Skilled Journeyman license or certified position responsible for all facets of trouble shooting, repair and maintenance of healthcare equipment in one or more of the trades - plumbing systems including steam, medical gas, sanitary, steam, electrical, heating & air conditioning systems or stationary engineers, carpentry and general maintenance for the medical center and associated properties. May be assigned to oversee work performed by Mechanic I and II positions. Subject to on call and call back. Has authority to call in other trades under maintenances agreements to respond during emergencies from the emergency call list posted in the Plant Operations Shop.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential core function of the journeyman level for one or more of the recognized trades satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability necessary to perform this job. Mechanic III positions must have 10 years active trade experience at a journeyman level.
· Installs and repairs drywall and metal studs.
· Constructs repairs and maintains finishes, drywall, furniture, smoke and firewall partitions, casework, doors, windows, building envelope and related carpentry/Painting duties using hand and power tools.
· Calculates quantity of materials needed and other supplies for estimates and to complete an assigned small construction project.
· Measures and cuts to size floor tiles, formica counter tops, ceiling tiles, window glass when installing or replacing items.
· Reads blue prints or specifications to determine materials, time and methods used in completing assigned projects.
· Prepares surface and applies coats of paint, varnish, stains, or enamels to decorate and protect interior and exterior surfaces, trimming, and fixtures of the facility.
· Reviews work orders and immediately report to director any orders, which cannot be completed in a timely manner.
· Assists in maintaining a clean, safe and organized work area.
· Follows established patient safety guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
· Participates in the Hospital Equipment Utilities Program. Performs preventive maintenance and maintains records of same as assigned following JCAHO guidelines.
· Immediately identifies and informs Manager of Plant Operations of any malfunctioning equipment.
· Demonstrates working knowledge and ability to perform limited assignments in air-conditioning, electrical and plumbing,
· Reports thefts, personal and hospital damage, and accidents and investigates as necessary.
· Assists as needed in security-related incidents following security policies and procedures.
· Totally responsible for trouble shooting, repairs, PMs of the facilities, equipment, systems etc, related to one or more of the trades in accordance with regulatory agencies and all duties related to the trade.
· Participates in the Hospital Equipment Utilities Program. Performs preventive maintenance and maintains records of same as assigned following JCAHO or AHCA guidelines. All work will be in compliance with ICRA guidelines for healthcare facilities.
· Immediately identifies and informs Supervisor of Plant Operations of any malfunctioning equipment.
· Demonstrates working knowledge and ability to perform Journeyman level repair and maintenance on assignments equipment, systems plumbing, stationary engineer, boilers, steam systems, medical gas, air-conditioning, electrical, and general maintenance.
· Repairs other equipment as assigned by supervisor and/or through equipment/utilities programs.
· May assist security during code related incidents following security policies and procedures.
· Follows established safety guidelines for reporting utility, ILSM or related issue effecting the patient environment to the Supervisor or Director of Plant Operation.
· Maintains and repairs power plant, booster pumps, medical gas systems, and all other health related plumbing systems throughout all GCRMC facilities.
· Follows all hospital/departmental policies and procedures concerning administrative, personnel and safety issues.
· Reviews work orders and immediately report to supervisor any orders which cannot be completed in a timely manner.
· Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area in the shop, power plant, mechanical rooms.
· Maintains and monitors Backflow Devices throughout the facility.
· Maintains, monitors and repairs fire pumps and sprinkler system and all related equipment.
· Performs welding (gas and electric), brazing, and soldering. Demonstrates ability to read and interpret blueprints, mechanical drawings, and control schematics.
· Responds to Hospital Codes following the Emergency Kardex System.
· Performs other duties as assigned/requested.
A. Core Competencies:
B. Job Specific: As defined in department specific competencies.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
High school diploma or equivalent
Technical College or 10 years active trade experience in a journeyman position.
Medical gas, stationary engineer certification
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
3-5 year experience specific to trade and/or responsibilities.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Gulf Coast Hospital is a 238-bed acute care hospital. For 40 years, we have served Bay County and the surrounding communities. We are an accredited facility offering comprehensive care. This includes advanced cardiac assessment and treatment. We offer certified women's services. Our hospital has dedicated spaces for adult and pediatric emergency services. We are certified in Advanced Primary Stroke Care. Our hospital is accredited as a Comprehensive Breast Care Center. We are the area's only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI and Resuscitation. Other services that we offer include orthopedic care and joint replacement, robotic surgery, cardiac, vascular, and interventional services. We are home to the only Pediatric ER in the community. We have the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in the region. Together, we continue to raise the bar in healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Maintenance Mechanic III opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.