Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Seasonal Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical Center which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David's North Austin Medical Center!
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Labor and Delivery (L&D) unit, you will coordinate and provide patient care for all assigned patients. You will conduct initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, develop an individualized patient care plan, provide family-centered patient teaching, identify and correct variances from the patient care plan, and facilitate discharge planning and teaching.
* You will complete an admission interview upon patient arrival and completely document the patient assessment
* You will identify changes in the patient’s condition and act promptly and appropriately to report changes to the physician or charge nurse
* You will assess and document patient educational needs and instructions given upon admission and throughout hospitalization
* You will provide psychological and social support to the patient and family
* You will facilitate interdisciplinary discharge planning
* You will accurately administer and legibly document medications
* You will keep the physician and/or Clinical Nurse Coordinator aware of significant information or changes related to the patient and family
* You will continuously evaluate the plan of care to determine need for modifications
* You will provide individualized nursing interventions based on the plan of care, and document patient responses to interventions
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification required per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Registered Nurse, Certified in Inpatient Obstetrics (RNC-OB) – preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David’s Children’s Hospital, St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional services offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Seasonal Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare in the most compassionate way possible.Learn more about HCA Healthcare chevron_right
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.